Tuesday 29 May 2012

Hello!


Hello!

Welcome to A Brummies Guide To Birmingham!

I’ve set this blog up really to document my mini adventures around my home city; to promote the good bad and the ugly parts of it; to give a sense of what goes in on in Brum, from the city centre to the suburbs I call home; to maybe provide you with some ideas on what to do in Birmingham, and hopefully to help the Non-Brummie realise that there’s a lot more than meets the eye. I may even interject odd points of interest, vintage photographs, and interviews with local people who love their city or just photos that I’ve taken.

I’m not entirely sure if something like this already exists. I know there is the B31 Voices blog, Birmingham: It’s Not Shit (which is for sale), Pete Ashton’s blog(s) and umpteen others. I just want this to be a place for me to collate my views on Birmingham, and my thoughts on what makes this such a great place to live, work and study.

A bit about me – I'm Laura, I run and own The Geology Shop (blog and Etsy shop). I was a Geology student at the University of Birmingham until February 2012. I’m taking a study break. I work at the Uni; first I worked in the bar, and then I worked in the Learning Centre. I love UoB. I was born in Birmingham, I’ve lived in Northfield since 1996 (previous 7 years were spent in Saudi Arabia). I love taking photos and finding new places to explore, I love being a tourist in my own city. Hopefully this blog will encourage me to be even more of a tourist!

I’ve also set up a twitter account for this blog - brummiesguide – though I shall probably only use this to promote the blog posts. If you have any questions, comments, ideas, thoughts or feedback, you can contact me here.

Hope you enjoy reading the posts when I eventually get around to writing some. I’m not promising a daily or even a weekly feed, but I shall try my best.

L x

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading your blog, it is so well written, please keep on writing blogs like this in future as well.

    Student Accommodation Chester

    ReplyDelete